If you or a loved one has been arrested with theft charges in Lubbock, TX and are currently sitting in jail awaiting trial, call Caprock Bail Bonds at 806-722-2120 for help! We can help you post bail so you can await your court date from the comfort of your home and not the uncomfortable interior of a jail cell. We are open 24 hours, so call us day or night, and our bondsman will come to your aid.
Theft Charges in Texas
There are different types of theft, and depending on the severity stolen and damage to property, that constitutes the level of crime, punishment, and fines you are granted. For example, petty theft like shoplifting might result in you getting a Class C misdemeanor and a fine of $50 in Texas. 1st-degree felony theft charges are the highest level of charges you can get, and are where you steal upwards of $200,000. Examples of theft are:
- Petty Theft & Grand Theft: Petty theft is stolen property up to $1000 or valued less than that. Grand theft is anything more than that.
- Burglary, Robbery & Armed Robbery: Burglary is breaking into a home and stealing valuables without harm. Robbery involves threats while stealing but no physical violence. Armed robbery involves using weapons to aid you in stealing and threatening.
- Embezzlement & Fraud: Embezzlement is your money being stolen from a person hired to keep them safe, like a tax broker or accountant. Fraud is similar in that it involves convincing people to surrender their money under false pretenses like for a fake charity or nonexistent business startup.
- Shoplifting: Petty theft from retail stores can land you up to 6 months in jail.
- Writing Bad Checks: If you know your account has insufficient funds and you continue to write checks to that account, you are committing fraud.
- Car Theft: Carjacking is stealing a car when the driver was using it, either by kicking them out or kidnapping them. Grand theft auto is stealing a parked car when the driver is not in sight.
- Identity Theft: While this is the most common form of theft worldwide, it is the hardest to catch as so many people are good at hacking and disguising themselves online to get away with other people’s information. When they do get caught, punishment is severe.
Call To Speak To A Bondsman Today
If you have been arrested on theft charges and need help posting bail in Lubbock, TX, call Caprock Bail Bonds at 806-722-2120. Don’t sit in jail any longer than you have to. We are experts in the bail bond industry and can give you your freedom back right away.